Andrey Beda, the chief physician of family dentistry «Your Dentist», confirms that it takes at least a week to get acquainted with all the innovations, and preferably two.
IDS is organized every two years, and it is this event that sets the trends in dentistry for the next couple of years. A feature of the 2019 exhibition is the total digitalization of all dental processes: from modeling to surgical treatment and follow-up.
Recently, dental technology has become more and more user-friendly: simpler and more sophisticated interfaces and software shells are being created. Accordingly, the entire treatment process is simplified and accelerated. Work that used to take weeks is now done in minutes.
Here is just a very short list of the innovative equipment shown this year:
– An advanced milling machine that allows the production of restoration crowns with complex geometries in five axes;
– Dental 3D printers with record print speed: can print a model of a jaw or just a crown in a few minutes. And also printers that can print in layers. All this is one more step towards one-step dentistry, when the patient can receive the full service directly on the day of the appointment;
– High-precision wireless intraoral scanners that provide a digital impression of teeth (for the first time such a scanner can diagnose caries!);
– Nanohybrid adaptive composite materials for restorations that accurately reproduce the anatomical features of the teeth;
– Highly stable implants for easier prosthetics and better survival even on fragile bone;
– Panoramic three-dimensional tomographs of a new generation.
So, you have already understood why we call the «IDS» summit literally cosmic: here on one stand there can be more innovations than dentists could see in their wildest fantasies some 7-8 years ago.